San Ramon Family Optometry Refund, Return, and Cancellation Policy
We provide this warranty exclusively to our patients. Why? Because we are so confident that you will be satisfied with the prescription, glasses, and frames you receive from us!
1. San Ramon Family Optometry will adjust frames, replace any screws, and/or replace nose pads free of charge when frame purchased from us.
2. All frames come with a 1-year warranty against manufacturer defects. They are not warranted against accidents or abuse. Opticians must use their discretion in determining whether the manufacturer will consider if any damage was the result of a defect, however, the manufacturer will be the final judge.
3. If the frame breaks after the 1-year warranty expires and the frame is still available, patients can purchase replacement parts.
4. If the frame breaks after 1 year, the frame is discontinued, and no parts are available, the patient can choose to have them repaired by a third party for a reasonable fee. Patients must be aware that repairing frames may result in different colored screws, small scratches on or around the hinges, or discoloration from soldering. Also, frames that originally had spring hinges may no longer have springs after repair.
5. If patients choose to place new lenses in an old frame, we cannot be held liable for breaks or damage. As frames age, they may become brittle in ways invisible to the human eye. Patients assume the risk when using old frames. They should also be warned that they assume the risk when we adjust older frames. Patients must sign a disclosure form notifying them of these facts.
1. Lens redo’s and re-refractions will be granted, free of charge, within 90 days (3 months) of the order date IF the lenses were made by San Ramon Family Optometry under the following conditions: a) RX change b) OPTICAL CENTER change [i.e. PD and/or seg height changes] c) LAB ERROR.
2. If a patient seeks a redo after 90 days but not more than 180 days (6 months) after we received the lenses, the patient will be charged a refraction fee (if a new refraction is required).
3. After 3 months, the patient must pay in full for any new lenses.
4. If lenses were made by an outside office, we will measure the prescription in the new glasses to verify accuracy. Patients will not be reimbursed any fees an outside office charges for redo’s. If patient requests doctor to re-refract they will be charged a refraction fee.
5. If a patient chooses to upgrade their lens options within 90 days (e.g. BF to PAL, adding AR or Transitions, or CR- 39 to Poly or Hi-Index, etc.) then they must pay the applicable upgrade charges.
6. If a patient chooses to downgrade their lens options (i.e. PAL to SVL, removing AR or Transitions, or Poly to CR-39) no refunds will be allowed, we will simply redo the lenses for free.
7. Lens manufacturer warranties vary as follows, with dates commencing from the date the order was paid for:
- ANTI-REFLECTIVE (AR) treatments have a 1-year warranty that can be used once during that year free of charge.
- Standard ANTI-SCRATCH COATINGS (ASC) have no warranty.
- POLYCARBONATE, HI-INDEX and TRIVEX have one-time, 1-year warranty
- Cancellation Policy: In the event you wish to cancel your order it must be done by the close of business on the day of order to receive a full refund. All costs incurred once a prescription order has been started at the lab whether or not completed will be the customer’s responsibility & therefore will not be eligible for a full refund.
*** Once insurance benefits are used for frame and/or lenses those benefits will NOT be reinstated***